mercredi 7 octobre 2009

"Reason, Season, Lifetime..."

Hi Family and Friends!

One year. One whirl-wind of a year! One year has passed since I set foot on terra firma in the States leaving the glorious City of Lights. My oh my... where has the time gone?!



I just recently stumbled upon this poem… I read it several years ago, but it came to my mind again today:



"Some friends come into your life for a reason. They come into your life and teach you a lesson, but they exit your life in such a way that the lesson is learned and they seldom cross your path again.

Some friends come into your life for a season. They make your life better, but time or death leave you only with the great memories you shared.

Some friends come into your life a lifetime. They make your soul dance of joy every time you see one another and even through distance you stay close. Those are the ones you should cherish and hold very close to your heart."




I was talking with my mother earlier today and she was going to Riverside in for the first of her biannual doctor appointments – you know… to earn a "clean bill of health" since her breast cancer has been in remission for six years already (yay!) I have no idea why, but I was particularly nervous today… ultimately there were no problems (thankfully); but I must admit, there are days when the entire cancer ordeal causes stress and affects my behavior.



Why?



It is so easy to simply say, "Well, everything happens for a reason. Just be patient, work hard and allow plans to come to fruition. Dream big, fight hard… be a proactive warrior!" I completely believe these statements… although acting on these ideals is the challenge. Sometimes I get big ideas in my head... ok, for those of you who know me well... let us change "sometimes," to, "all of the time." There is so much in life that I want to accomplish, to see, to do, to be a part of, to contribute, to help... oh, it is so exciting! I have been know to spread myself too thin and to wear myself out... sb, when will you ever learn?? Ambition can sometimes be your greatest enemy, eh?




We recently celebrated my mother’s sixtieth birthday in Ohio! I was so touched to see the number of family and friends who came to celebrate the life of such a remarkable woman! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who attended the party and helped to make her 60th unforgettable. My mom has always been available for her friends. She is one of those "lifetime friends" because she is constantly thinking about other individuals. Even during her chemotherapy and radiation – during her weakest of stages – she was still encouraging her family, driving with my dad to Michael’s graduation from Miami University (one of the longest days in history!), coming to my swim meets in her adorable wig and chic couture... Watching my mom conquer breast cancer - while remaining so ridiculously positive, loving and encouraging - has helped me when I become stressed and impatient with situations.



I often become pretty impatient when circumstances do not seem to be going "according to my plan." Exhibit A? Accounting CPA Exam. I have to admit, I do get frustrated with the copious amounts of material… BUT, I am thankful to have this opportunity. This is the only time in my life when I can actually can buckle down and focus all of my energies on defeating this beast. I do get anxious when I would SO much prefer to be doing something else. But guess what, friends... there are situations in life which we must overcome. "C’est la vie!" There is a light at the end of the tunnel (and no, it is not a train!) Trials and tribulations are a part of life. The only way that I can survive is by using that strength that comes only from above. Might not necessarily be a part of, "my plan..." but guess what... I take comfort in knowing that there is a far better plan for my life!




Friends will always be entering and exiting stage left out of our lives. I know that each of you can relate with this statement… but I know that I will forever keep a place in my heart for all of my friends. Those "forever friends" will always be with you… through the thick and thin, ups and downs, victories and failures... We are graced with the beauty in understanding that there is a reason for each person in our lives… waking in the middle of the night while reminiscing a loving memory, cherishing advice and "words of wisdom" from loved ones living afar ("mother bear!" – aka.. my grandmother), and having faith in knowing that all things will eventually work out to fulfill the ultimate purpose for each of our lives. Sometimes it is learning to be patient and to wait for the right time...



Fo sho :)




On that note, I do believe it is time for me to retire to my abode and catch a few winks of shut eye… the dazzling Arizona sunrises do come early and a hike on South Mountain is calling my name...








All my love to each and every single one of my cherished friends,
sb :)

Aucun commentaire: