lundi 25 juin 2007

It's a Small World After All...


Family and Friends,

Wow, I cannot even begin to tell you how fast time passes when you are having fun/ridiculously busy! Yesterday was quite an adventure! My roommate convinced me to join a group of friends to go to Disneyland Paris. Can I please begin to tell you the amount of pure elation in which we all experienced? Mom and I were trying to remember the last time that we had visited Disneyworld - perhaps 1993-1994? Regardless, too much time had elapsed since the last jovial visit with Mickey.

As a younger child, I had been enamored with the ride “It’s a Small World After All.” During our family ‘93 visit, for some reason the ride did not have a long wait. Utter joy in my eyes! Mom and I rode the ride, then immediately ran back to the nonexistent line in order to experience the ride again. This charade occurred an addition third and fourth time. However, as soon as the ride began to move during our fourth decent into the glittering musical land of harmony, I decided to be a lovely child and burst into tears and attempt to exit the ride. Oh wait… wait, that’s right… once the ride begins, there is no turning back. I am sure that mom was sitting there proudly as her daughter’s sobs coincided with the whimsical tunes of the dancing dolls. Oh the joys of parenthood! That being said, yesterday I promised my friends that not one tear would be shed if we were blessed in having the opportunity to see the dolls. I was also curious as to what I had been so enamored with as a child. Fortunately the line was not too long and I was able to see my true loves… glitter, jovial music, singing and DANCING. What a surprise, nothing has changed… still LOVED it! We were also able to ride Space Mountain (twice), Indiana Jones, Aerosmith roller coaster, and a plethora of other rides.

The tea cups were a riot… Alex is horrendously strong and was able to turn the tea cups with impressive force. Literally, everyone in the line was watching us as we departed from the scene - would we be able to stand after such formidable turning? Success! No one tripped or lost their cookies, but we did get some applause! Oh the joys of Disneyland Paris. Young and old, everyone is jovial - not a care in the world!

On Friday I went to see Alegria - Cirque du Soleil with several of my classmates. Needless to say, it was amazing. The performers were absolutely phenomenal. I loved to watch them excel in their performances - and to see the joy on their faces after a job well done! I also enjoyed our Metro ride! The Metro stopped on a dime - quite unexpectedly - and literally everyone (men and women) went flying! Everyone was chucking and I was apologizing to an older woman because I accidentally stepped on her foot. Somehow we began talking about Le Cordon Bleu and being and Paris, etc. The same at Disneyland. I was making friends with several of the employees behind the cash registers! Everyone is so encouraging when I practice my French skills. I love to learn, make mistakes, and improve because I love meeting new people and building new friendships! I know that the Lord has placed me out here in order to shine for Him and surrender to His will. The road is NOT easy, and can be quite discouraging when I succumb to temptations - but I absolutely must pick myself up, dust myself off, and continue to lean on Him for support, strength and encouragement! I am still dreadfully young and immature, but I am here to GROW and surrender my life into His hands. That is what I am working on right now - I am striving daily to practice what I believe - actions, actions, actions! Not easy, but well worth it! I cannot thank each of you enough for sending such kind and encouraging notes my way. Just knowing that you gave a little of your time in order to think of me, honestly - that is the most rewarding present that I can receive!

On Friday I also learned a valuable lesson in the kitchen - SALT! Unfortunately, I have zero experience with salt, pepper, really any seasoning in general! My leeks were too salty and my sauce was not salty enough. But I was able to learn from my failures! I need to continue to practice my “skills” (or lack there of as of now!) everyday. It can be frustrating always being the last to finish my dishes in class! However, I continue to try my best with a smile and encourage others as we fly through our practical challenges! I want so much to improve! Practice, practice, practice! Everyday is a new day. A new opportunity to live life, to encourage another, to learn from the past! Even though many of my fellow classmates and I do not necessarily share the same nationality, customs or values, we still respect and help each other. It truly is a small, small world! =)

All my love to each of you from Paris,
SB =)

Aucun commentaire: